Collection of Information
In general, we collect and maintain two types of data:
- General account information that you provide us with in order to activate the use of our services. For the most part, this tends to include - contact and payment information as well as email addresses.
- Data that you provide us with about individuals or corporate entities to whom you wish to send e-mail messages or other forms of communication.
- The information they submit to us and that we maintain could conceivably be used to distinguish businesses from individuals.
- Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers. When we send emails to our own registered SMTPServer customers and email newsletter subscribers, we'll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked on any of the hyperlinks included. We do this to measure the performance of our Email Campaigns, and to improve our offerings to specific customer segments.
- SMTPServer will not sell, rent, or loan our contact lists or our customer's contact lists (including customer data) to any outside firms nor will SMTPServer use customer contact lists for our own marketing purposes.
Personal Data Collected
- Identity and contact details of the data processor. Personal data is collected on our website by SIA Spotrix, a company registered under the laws of Latvia with the Enterprise Register, and having its registered office atMaskavas 55, Riga, Latvia.
Data collected on the site.When you subscribe to our services, the following data is collected and managed: email, company name, address, city, state/province, region, zip/postal code, country, first name, last name, phone, website URL, industry, expected email list size, password, IP address, registration date, and time and browser.By using our services, the following data is collected and managed: log-in data and browsing data where you authorize it, order history, complaints, incidents, information on subscriptions and messages on our site. Some data may be collected automatically due to your activity on the SMTPServer sites (see more on section Clear Gifs or Web Beacons ).
The data submitted should not include any sensitive personal data, such as Government identifiers (i.e., social security, driving license, or taxpayer-identification numbers), complete credit card or complete personal bank card numbers, medical records or particulars connected with applications for care or treatment associated with private individuals.
Purposes of processing and the legal basis.The principal purpose of collecting your personal data is to offer you a safe, optimum, efficient and personalized experience. To this end, you agree and accept that we may use your personal data to:-
- -provide our services and facilitate performance, including verifications relating to you;
- - resolve any problems to improve the use of our site and services;
- - personalize, assess, and improve our services, content, and materials;
- - analyze the volume and history of your use of our services;
- - inform you about our services as well as our partners’ services and/or promotional offers;
- - comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- - to protect SMTPServer services, email delivery, and deliverability reputation.
- We use the personal data submitted to us only in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. Our employees and third-party providers are under an obligation to respect data privacy
Personal data relating to you collected on our website are destined for SMTPServer own use and may be forwarded to SMTPServer partner companies so that we may obtain assistance and support in the context of carrying out our services. SMTPServer ensures that it has in place clear data protection requirements for all of its third-party providers. Also, SMTPServer does not disclose your personal data to third parties, except if:
- you (or your account administrator acting on your behalf) requests or authorizes disclosure thereof;
- the disclosure is required to process transactions or supply services which you have requested (i.e. to check you are employing best practice in your mailings or for the purposes of processing an acquisition card with credit-card issuing companies);
- SMTPServer is compelled to do so by a government authority or a regulatory body, in the case of a court order, a summons to appear in court or any other similar requisition from a government or the judiciary, or to establish or defend a legal application or,
- the third party is a subcontractor of SMTPServer in the carrying out of services (for example SMTPServer uses the services of an Internet provider or a telecommunications company).
Your data protection rights.
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), you have a right of access, correction, and removal of your personal data which you may exercise by sending us a support ticket to support (at) SMTPServer.com or at https://www.SMTPServer.com/contact.Your requests will be processed within 30 days. We may require that your request is accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity or authority. You are also able at any time to modify personal data by logging into your account and clicking on “Edit profile information”.
Data retention periods.
SMTPServer collects your personal data for the requirements of carrying out its contractual obligations as well as information about how and when you use our services, and we retain this data in active databases, log files or other types of files so long as you use our services, and in accordance with the current regulations in force.
SMTPServer in no way undertakes to store all your data indefinitely. You can access some data so long as you hold an active account with us and for a period that varies depending on the type of data concerned and the SMTPServer subscription plan (statistics on your account, content of your emails, contact lists, etc.), but, in no event no longer than 3 months after closing of your account. The data may be deleted at any time during the active use of your account in accordance with the provisions set forth above.
- Location of data storage and transfers.SMTPServer-owned servers and third-party servers (data center) on which SMTPServer processes and stores data are located exclusively within the European Union territory (Latvia). SMTPServer undertakes not to transfer any data outside the European Economic Area. SMTPServer will inform you immediately, to the extent we are legally authorized to do so, in case of any application or order originating from an administrative or judicial authority relating to your personal data.
Use of Information
- SMTPServer’s services are intended for use by businesses and not consumers. Where you have provided us with your contact information - including personal data - we may use this information to contact you for marketing purposes via regular mail, email or telephone.
- When you activate a SMTPServer account (including any trial account), you agree to receive marketing information about SMTPServer's services via the following media: email, regular mail.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or any promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at [email protected]
- Every email sent through SMTPServer contains a secure, automated unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. To unsubscribe, you simply need to click the link at the bottom of the page in the unsubscribe area. You are immediately excluded from all future mailings.
- SMTPServer may also use personal and non-personal data for other purposes including but not limited to the provision of technical support and, obviously, providing the services you request.
- We use a third-party tracking service that uses tracking technologies to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our site in the aggregate such as, the number of site visits, page views, page visits, bounce rate, average time on site, and the percentage of new visits to see how our site is being used and what content is most popular.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- This data is stored on secure servers, and only a limited number of people are authorized to access your contact lists, in particular for the purpose of providing support services.
- The information we collect is available to SMTPServer employees who may need to access this information for legitimate business purposes including the provision of technical support, customer service, marketing purposes, and billing functions. This data may also be available to third parties engaged by SMTPServer - for example, third-party billing services providers who require access to customer accounts.
As the creator of the contact lists and associated email campaigns, you are considered the data controller within the meaning of the GDPR, and SMTPServer is acting only as a data processor. In this capacity, you are responsible in particular for:
- -making all the declarations necessary to the relative data protection authority;
- - complying with all current regulations in force;
- - obtaining the explicit consent of the persons concerned when collecting their personal data;
- - ensuring your authority to use the personal data collected in accordance with the defined end purposes and refraining from any unauthorized use.
- If a recipient of your emails sent via our services requests us to modify or delete his/her personal data, we will honor that request after proper verification and will inform you of it.
- SMTPServer does not, under any circumstances, sell or rent your personal or business data without your written consent or unless ordered by a court of law.
Links to Other Sites
- This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by SMTPServer. Please be aware that we, SMTPServer, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Please note that these third-party sites' privacy policies govern the collection and use of the information collected on those sites.
Security of Your Information
- Privacy and security are of utmost importance to SMTPServer, and we strive to ensure that our technical and organizational measures in place respect your data protection rights
- SMTPServer has made a substantial investment in the latest server, database, backup and firewall technologies to protect our information assets. These technologies are deployed as part of sophisticated security architecture. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
- We use technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data used by our system. No data transmissions over the Internet, however, are guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your data from unauthorized use or disclosure, SMTPServer cannot warrant or guarantee the security of the data that you provide to us.
- Thus and in accordance with the GDPR, SMTPServer undertakes to take all pertinent precautions in order to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, to protect them against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, corruption, unauthorized circulation or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or disclosure to unauthorized persons.
- SMTPServer implements industry-standard security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure. In using industry recommended methods of encoding, SMTPServer takes the measures necessary to protect information connected with payments and credit cards.
- Moreover, in order to avoid in particular all unauthorized access, to guarantee accuracy and the proper use of the data, SMTPServer has put the appropriate electronic, physical and managerial procedures in place with a view to safeguarding and preserving the data gathered through its services.
- Notwithstanding this, there is no absolute safety from piracy or hackers. That is why in the event a breach of security was to affect you, SMTPServer undertakes to inform you thereof without undue delay and to use its best efforts to take all possible measures to neutralize the intrusion and minimize the impacts. Should you suffer any loss by reason of the exploitation by a third party of a security breach, SMTPServer undertakes to provide you with every assistance necessary so you are able to assert your rights.
- You should keep in mind that any user, customer or hacker who discovers and takes advantage of a breach in security renders him or herself liable to criminal prosecution and that SMTPServer will take all measures, including filing a complaint and/or bring court action, to preserve the data and the rights of its users and of itself and to limit the impacts.
- Due to the sensitive nature of your Distribution Lists, we do not re-send forgotten passwords. Users must follow online instructions to reset their passwords if they forget them. Account passwords are encrypted. We cannot see your passwords. We can only reset
- We suggest creating an account password with at least 8 characters, mixing lower and uppercase, mixing letters and numbers, using special characters (e.g. @). Also, we suggest changing your account password every 3-6 months.
Questions About Your Account
Should you have any questions about how we use the data we collect or what are our limitations of account access, please contact us.
- By signing up and agreeing to receive emails from SMTPServer, you agree that SMTPServer will process your data and will use it to provide you with more relevant content and / or offers.
- The personal data you enter will be stored on SMTPServer servers, provided this data is deemed relevant by SMTPServer, and provided you have not opted-out. It is possible to opt-out of every email received from SMTPServer.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of unlawful data. These complaints should be sent to the data protection supervisory authority.
- The legal basis for your data processing is consent and/or performance of our contractual obligations with you.
- We can be reached via email at [email protected]